Friday, March 13, 2009

2 Weeks til Pan-Ams...

...and 56 days until Grapplers Quest.



So first off, I must apologize for not updating in a while. There have been many goings on in "Jesse World". First off, I have began to write for an upstart website: http://www.fighttrend.com/. We will be covering all news of the MMA world and hope to eventually grow into a powerhouse in the MMA Journalism community. Also- I am 8-2 in picks for the past 2 UFCs so if you think you are better, hit me up and call me out-I ain't scared of you. I have done a couple of stories as well. Check out my story on King of the Cage Champ Neil "Chaos" Cooke. I train with him (By that I mean he physically trains in the same facility as me but I am no where near his class) and can vouch that this guy is truly a beast and a star in the making.



Also, I have been improving so much on the mat. I no longer look like an epileptic crackhead while rolling...not most of the time, anyways. I can actually stay out of submissions and in some cases, even put up a fight. Hell, I even got my first true submission last week. Much of the credit goes to my fellow teammates (especially Scott)- Everyone is always helpful and willing to help a hapless idiot like myself. Even the aforementioned Neil has schooled me a bit- When there was some confusion this Monday over class time and only one other person and I showed up, I was able to train with the champ - How many people can say they scored a private lesson with a champion? Not many, thats who. When you get on the mat with a high level guy, thats when you see the real difference- How in the hell a man that is 6'4 270 lbs can move that fast, I will never know.



I have become so confident that I have decided to enter the "Pan Jiu Jitsu Championships" at the end of this month right here in sunny So-Cal. Since there is no "incompetent wanna-be" division I will be entering the Friday night tourney consisting of white belts. The main reason I am doing this is so I can get those butterflies out of my stomach before Grapplers Quest in Vegas.



Support has actually been pretty good: My GF is impressed yet scared, my fellow students all give me credit for having the balls to enter, and my dad wonders how long it will take before I get my ass kicked, so all in all I'm pretty excited. I no longer feel overwhelmed by training- I actually get butterflies becasue I'm excited. Good butterflies-like when you find out you are getting a tax return, as opposed to the bad ones you get when you find out said return will be getting forwarded to your ex due to back child support...not that I've ever experienced that type of thing.

Unfortunately, I am about 6-7 lbs from my desired division, so I will be cutting weight for the next two weeks. With my sis in from Ohio until Sunday, I probably have one more day of eating crap food and drinking before I have to buckle down. If not, I can always do the "Beyonce / Cayenne Pepper / Lemonade / Enema" diet that seems to be all the rage these days. So tonight after I take her to dinner and profess it to be "My last bad meal" (until next weeks "last bad meal") I need to regain my focus.

So with T minus 14 days until the Pan-Ams:

Weight: 187 (With gi on)
Nothing but straight BJJ, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it.