Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Born to Run...

108 days until GQ.

After a hard day of making sure everyone in the continental U.S has access to Monster Energy Drink, I decided to take my happy ass to the gym for a little cardio. Since I squatted the day before and my thighs felt like jelly, I figured it would be in my best interests to do 35 minutes on the elliptical machine. I am still at odds with this device- will it help my cardio? Or will I just look like one of the guys with too-short shorts on those Saturday morning Tony Little infomercials? Joe Frazier, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Rocky Marciano where all proponents of running on asphalt in construction boots, but seeing as I have neither construction boots nor the desire to run in such conditions I will continue as I have. At the 34.5 minute mark I was beginning to wind down when the "Rocky 4" soundtrack came on the ol' Ipod and let me tell ya, nothing inspires more than thought of fighting a roided up Russian while getting chased by the KGB (A movie the Oscars refused to acknowledge as one of the great cinematic masterpieces of all time). I continued my jaunt to the 45 minute mark and went home with one thought in my head:

"I may not be as talented, good looking, or athletic as the rest, but I will out cardio those f*ckers."

45 Minutes on the Elliptical Machine, High Intensity Interval Training-1 minute 100%, 30 seconds 75%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it.