Friday, February 6, 2009

Storm Watch 09

94 Days until GQ

Nothing new in the way of training yesterday - Deadlift, assistant exercises, then collapse in a heap when I get home. I enjoy the looks at the gym when I perform the various "odd" exercises-they look at me like I'm weird and I look at them like I know something that they don't. I can feel myself getting stronger, losing weight, and gaining confidence. The event is 3 months away but I already think about it on a daily basis and feel like I am geting focused. I am excited that I am going to do something that 99% of the world claims they will do but never does-fight not out of fear, but to test myself. It's easy to go into a bar and and pick a fight with a drunk - but when you get into a controlled environment with someone who knows what they are doing its a whole other thing entirely.

All that tough guy stuff aside- My 6 year old daughter is coming over this weekend which makes me incredibly happy. I am convinced that she is the coolest kid ever - She is a self proclaimed Randy Couture & Mark Coleman fan and knows the difference between an armbar and a clothesline. She refuses to watch WWE because it is fake and was just as upset as I was when Rampage lost to Forrest Griffin. She even woke me up one Saturday morning and asked me to put on Rocky 4 and forward it to the training scene. Needless to say, no paternity test would ever be needed - she is all me.

So no training for me this weekend...unless you count inpromptu grappling matches between her and I.

Yesterday:
Dead Lift: 5 x 10 @ 125 lbs.
Saxon Side Bends: 4 x 20 @ 25 lbs. per side
Front Arm Raises: 4 x 10 @ 25 lbs. per side

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it.